Reclaimed Wooden Key Holder with Solid Brass Fobs
- This elegant key holder is made from a piece of beautiful reclaimed French oak with hand machined and perfectly engineered solid brass sleeves.
- Into each brass sleeve fits a hand machined solid brass key fob. The fob fits perfectly in the sleeve providing an elegant and unique way to store your keys.
- The fob is highly polished and has a wonderful tactile quality in your hand.
- The Oak used in this Key holder has been worked by our friends at JAM FURNITURE and originally served as flooring and walls of French Railway Wagons hauling goods for the SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Français).
- These wagons are up to 80years old and are nearly all now decommissioned and replaced with less romantic steel versions. When JAM first get their hands on the Oak boards they are coated with decades of soot from the old steam trains that hauled them.
- Hiding under that soot lays an incredible timber full of characterful burls, knots and cracks.
- Time has allowed the soot to seep into the cracks and holes beautifully highlighting them in jet black.
- "It’s a real privilege to work with timber with such an amazing story and a real joy to give it new meaning and a new life" says Ben from JAM
- Each key fob comes complete with a polished brass key ring.
- The key holder measures 22.5cm x 5cm and each key fob measures 1.3cm diameter x 3.2cm long.
- Installation is simple using the recessed screw keyholes on the rear of the oak board (mounting screws not included).
- A solid brass plaque can be fixed to the oak engraved FREE of CHARGE with the message of your choice.
- As with all reclaimed timber, each piece is different and will differ slightly form the picture.
- Beautifully British
- Beautifully Brass
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!